The Voice That Heartens Me!

 

The sweet melody I heard at the subway,

reminded me of the times when I woke up to the humming of them.

A strange feeling diverted me to trail towards the sound,

“It’s not her” was all I could hear in the alley full of noises,

The heart averted at the difference in voice and saved my mind.

 

I woke up to a non-existent dream,

Longing for the humming and the breakfast of warmth,

I felt her scent cover my house but agony took a pause.

“The weather is bright, the spring and the blooms,

The light and wind are there for you”

Again, the heart murmured in the room breaking the deafening silence.

The slight smile made me realize something that was amiss,

My mind was trapped and heart was free.

 

The void of memories molded me beyond just being rooted to the ground,

The eulogies of her strength somewhat made me collapse,

Yet holding me in place.

The dilemma of letting go, keeping all the good and moving on couldn’t

accommodate my wandering thoughts.

A part of me had perished

“Did I love her at all?”

 

The feels alighted again making me realize

I’m still rooted to the chair for breakfast.

I was flooded with the quests of thoughts throughout the year,

“Did I Make her happy?”

“Was she living her life she wanted?”

“Did I love her like she used to?”

 

I realized again, I couldn’t give her enough time,

The time that seems still sometimes and rushes the other moment.

The mind heaved a sigh, let cry you fool!

The burden of love and memories aren’t to be piled up for it to drool

Killing the fate of the one who survived.

 

Deep down I regret not spending enough time with her

Because now I wanted more memories to survive this unending forever.

Facing every day, closing myself for less air to breathe,

My mind certainly titled for a retreat.

The heart, stubborn with her love towards me

Fighting to keep me alive every time I rush to incompetent me.

  

The voice comes again making me realize

“Love yourself more, like I used to love you, the distance of the worlds

ain’t no easy to survive,

But the time will reunite us in a most beautiful unwalked mile”.

The words and the voices hearten me to live,

A little less with guilt and more of a thrill.


 Sheeza Farooq

 ðŸ’“💗💓

 

 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kaafila

The soul I miss!

Aadat